Friday, February 8, 2008

Some "things" I have been doing

Some of the 23 things I have been using for quite a while. Some of the online media (from things 18 & 19) I have been involved in, including YouTube. In the Boardgame community, there's a lot of Web 2.0 going on. There are several great podcasts on boardgaming, and fair share of videos out there. I use these to keep up with what's new in one of my favorite hobbies.

The Dice Tower is the best podcast I've found on boardgaming, and one that I've subscribed to. The podcast is produced every other week, and clocks in around 1.5 hours long. It's put on by two Missionaries serving in Korea - one a minister, the other a missionary of Christian education.

As far as my own use, I've posted videos on YouTube. Currently, I have a video on there of a segment a boardgamer friend had on Austin's Cities on the Move show (on PBS). He talks about his favorite boardgaming system. Check it out Here!



In exploring some of the library themed podcasts and videos, I found the IT vs Librarian video quite good, even coming from the IT side!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great to see that you signed up for 23 Things on a Stick, Round 2. Good luck, learn lots more, and have fun.